Web speedodan.blogspot.com

Friday, November 10, 2006

Calorie Counting – Part I

Since food is like gasoline and body fat is your gas tank, if you take in less calories (food) in one day than you burn, you will have to burn some of your fat. This is a simplified picture, but something I keep in mind. If for example, you need, on average, 2000 calories to make it through a typical day, and you take in 1800, then your body will have to burn 200 calories that is has stored. If however you eat 2200 calories in a day and still only need 2000, your body will store the extra 200 – and a lot of that will be fat. Most candy bars are over 200 calories. When I had to lose 30 pounds to get to my present weight, I often thought back to the unnecessary candy bars I had eaten in the past, pinched a bit of my fat and realized my body was finally using that Snickers now. It helped ease the hunger pangs.

2 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been following your calorie counting regimen and your whole fitness regimen and it's working on me tremendously! I can see the difference, I'm losing weight and getting the body results I want. I'm buff on my upper body, feel energetic and looking good in my old clothes that I can fit into again!!!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Speedo Dan said...

Damn that is awesome dude. Keep it up. Who knew I would be good for something. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home